Sunday, April 15, 2012

Insomnia Monster

Insomnia and writers block.  That's what's been going on this last week.  I've made no progress on the comic book or anything for that matter.  This is even the 5th incarnation of this post.  I just can't seem to get started for some reason.  Maybe it's the Yakima energy lingering on me, maybe the insomnia and writers block are just feeding each other in an attempt to drive me absolutely ugh.

I guess I'll just say I had a nice birthday and a good visit with my parents last week in Yakima.  We watch the Ten Commandments on TV every year at Easter and this year was no exception.  I've only made it through the televised version a couple times in my life since they draw the movie out with 18 billion hours of commercials.  This year, none of us were able to finish... YAY!  My birthday was filled with cake, ice-cream, and family drama.  My sister's marital problems and relationship patterns (the fact that she does the same thing every time she wants to leave a guy) were center stage.  It certainly made for an interesting day and I think my sister was / is pissed at me cause she didn't even acknowledge me the next day... again... YAY!  It's my turn though, I've steered clear of family drama for awhile now, so my number's up.

Other than that my week has been uneventful.  I finished reading the Hunger Games trilogy.  Super awesome series.  I took issue with only a couple of things and I'm still shocked *SPOILER ALERT* that they actually killed Prim in the third book.  Katniss ended up going through all that hell to keep her safe from the Capitol only to have her killed by an ally... that's shitty.

Ok, I need to go try some writing exercises I remember from my creative writing class to see if that helps break this streak I have going.

No comments:

Post a Comment